We will pick you up from home anywhere in the world, fly you to the wine region of your choice and show you Australian wines like you have never imagined. From behind the scenes, in private spaces or unique outdoor environments, enjoy the great wines, the amazing people and the terroir of Australian wine.
Have you ever walked into a cellar, been given a private tour by the winemaker and tasted wines that are not on their list? Probably not. We provide encounters beyond what you usually expect all day, every day.
We will source wines and liaise with winemakers to prepare an amazing four day and three night wine encounter itinerary. We will introduce you to one or two emerging wineries that you may not have discovered yet, as well as some difficult to get vintages of the great wines that you already know and love . As we have a passion for international wines, we will introduce you to those that have influenced us and the winemakers we visit.
A typical itinerary would include:
- Four days and three nights experiencing the uniqueness that Australia's wine has to offer
- Back vintages from the secondary market (auctions and private cellars) in addition to current and museum vintages
- Organising private encounters with winemakers
- Working with chefs to develop meals especially designed to feature your selected wines
- Developing a meal inside a winery during vintage
- One of our great guides to share their industry knowledge and passion with you
- Pick-up from your home
- Travel in chauffeured luxury cars, chartered flights and helicopters as appropriate.
For smaller groups, we are periodically able to source heritage accommodation that is very rarely used and prepare meals at these unique locations.
We typically undertake these encounters on the winery sites or in the regions, but we have identified some very interesting alternative venues. These may be in the Australian outback or sites of scientific, historical or cultural significance.
It takes significant up-front effort to prepare these Platinum Encounters and source the wines, so we need to work with you:
- A non-refundable deposit of $4,000 plus local taxes must be paid on booking
- Groups are a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10
- All guests must pay in full 6 weeks before the encounter.
Our Platimum Encounter is only bettered in Australia by our Sublime package. We also offer a more restrained Unique Encounters package.